I'm insensitive. I think I've become more insensitive. I was at my mom's and she was suggesting that i go to mass this wednesday because they will be administering the sacrament of the sick. I quickly snapped back saying I'm not sick, I felt really offended! She got upset at my reaction and just said forget it then!. Now I realize I'm not only physically sick, but mentally as well.
I'm always screwing things up.
This seems strange to me, but for a while I've had this urge to visit an Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
1 comment:
Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't wait to start following your journey!
As for the Sacrament of the Sick, I personally have always been into receiving it. In fact, I think I've gotten it twice. Once in a big healing service with lots of people and once before a surgery. Some of my infertile friends have commented that they'd feel bad, since there are people there who are actually sick. I think that's a really selfless attitude, that you don't need it as much as others, but being a little more self-absorbed, I never had a problem with it and want all the blessings God is offering! The truth is, though, it is there for us and can be given for healing of mind, body or spirit, just like you said. We're all in need of healing.
I hope you visit the Blessed Sacrament. I think God is calling you to him there! From my experience, when we feel urges like that, it is not our imagination. I think that's exciting!
Anyways, nice to meet you! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Post a Comment