Monday, March 5, 2012

work emotions

My line of work requires me to review files with people's life history in them. You can not imagine the stuff that some of these people have gone through! Sometimes I just have to step away to not get so depressed. Ever since having children, i have become so sensitive to incidents of abuse or neglect or any suffering that has come upon a child! I often wonder was it that I never had feelings before I had children? was I really that insensitive to other people's struggles/ sufferings? What was wrong with me. Maybe it's because I imagine it to be my child I presume. The devil is quick to show me via my line of work "where is God" in all this? But I must remain hopeful and not lose sight of God's love even though there is much evil in this world. After reading these files, I feel God is asking me to pray for them, because really, rather than get depressed and lose hope, I should be seeing it as an opportunity to pray for them. I can not get in despair when I know Christ has come to save us and He has died for all and He has loved us as we are, poor, weak sinful human beings!
Anyway just needed a break from this work. So hard to be at work and leave my little one's behind. I pray this is His will for me right now. Oh how I struggle with knowing what to do, how to be a good enough mother and a good enough wife and a good enough Christian period.

1 comment:

Sew said...

I understand your struggles! I'm not enough and I just need to face it. I'm trying to ignore the "guilt".....It's not from God. Obviously, he knows I'm a pathetic human being but saw fit to bless me with a baby. :)

I have some experience with abuse. I would have rather not have had to experience it. But in the end, looking back, it formed me in good ways and bad. But I think the good wins in this situation. Good things come out of horror. Obviously, I do not know what you are reading, but I know in my situation, what I went through made me who I am today. But that is good intense therapy talking! LOL It's a cross. I don't wonder where God was in the situation as I know He never left my side, even though, at the time I did not know it. :)