Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mini ME (michaeleilyn) and high progesterone

I went to my ultrasound yesterday and it was AWESOME!! Thanks-be-to-GOD!! We have decided to wait the nine months to find out the sex of our baby, however for different reasons. He figured we've waited three years what's a few more months, but I was really adamant about finding out, but it's a little offering I'm giving up to the Lord as a thanks and offering up for all women who are experiencing infertility...In the end really all I needed to know from the U/S was that the baby was fine.

They took a lot of measurements to make sure the baby was okay, however I have to go back in two weeks time because it turns out my little one is stubborn and wouldn't move for the U/S technician (even after she poked and pushed the lights out of my stomach) so she wasn't able to get a better measurement of the face and head. I figure it's another opportunity to see my little one!!

I meant to post this earlier however I have been busy with my full time job and the fertility care centre. My progesterone level has hit zone 4!!! Which is really really high! My napro Doc has asked me to stop the dosages since she thinks my body has finally kicked in and is producing it's own. I was so hesitant, but she's still monitoring me so this friday I do B/W to find out how my levels are after a week being off the progesterone...I'm nervous but have faith since really that's all that's helped me so far!! I don't get the B/W results until monday though! Oh well, if I start feeling weird I'm popping those pills I DON'T CARE!!!

Here's our miraculous gift!



-at 19 weeks, facing downwards profile view :)
I can't stop staring at it honestly, it's not even the best photo, the u/s tech said she'd get me better photos next time, but i can't stop staring at this one regardless!! I'm so FREAKING EXCITED looking at it makes me jump for joy every time.

7 comments:

Sew said...

O.M.Gosh!

That little baby looks so comfy and peaceful! It is the most beautiful profile I have ever seen. You can actually see the dip after the forehead and the little nose.....It might not be a great photo from the techs point of view but I think its beautiful!!!

I bet you are so excited! Even though I am terrified of pregnancy right now, I am excited!!! hahaha

Life In Mazes said...

What beautiful news to share! I am excited for you! Your baby is beautiful, even if they want to be stubborn. I admire you and your husband for waiting to find out the gender of your baby. I can imagine that will be challenging, but so worth it!
I am excited that your progesterone is up! Yah, for being at zone 4!

JellyBelly said...

great news!

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

I'm so glad your ultrasound went well. The baby must be very comfortable to be in there with all that pushing and prodding and not move! :) Mine wouldn't stop moving and kicked the wand a few times! Hehe.

That is a beautiful photo of your baby.

i'm so glad your progesterone is so high! That is fantastic! Mine is still low...zone 1 the last time I checked. :( Hopefully it's gone up. I'll have to call today to get results.

Yay! You are almost half-way to meeting your precious gift!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Wow!!!!

I haven't done any ob scans yet (we haven't ventured into that "area" yet), but from what I've learned on Birth Day on TLC, is your baby in the posterior position?? I think that's so cute how s/he is facing down, hehe :) I like to sleep on my stomach, too!

That is so sweet of you to offer the "finding out the sex" of your baby for the suffering of those with IF.
How is your FertilityCare work coming along? Are you spreading Creighton around Canada like wildfire?

RAnn said...

Congratulations! Hi, I'm RAnn and I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, which is a weekly opportunity for Catholic bloggers to share their best with other Catholic bloggers. Check out this week's entry at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_13.html

andnotbysight said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm so glad things are going well, and that's great news about the progesterone, too!