Friday, March 6, 2009

Feeling okay

This past Tuesday Dr. T taught my H how to do the progesterone injections so that the baby hangs on, since my progesterone is only okay and should be higher.

*TCIE she said it was at the high end of zone 2, from Dr. Hil.gers chart for progesterone levels during pregnancy. So yes I think the 20 is in US standards which is low. My Dr. said it was okay, that the progesterone shots will be required but it should be good, she seems very optimistic. I'm going to do the injections twice a week Tuesdays and Fridays.

I keep telling my little one to hang on that help is on the way!! My H learned pretty quick and impressed the doctor. Today however was the second shot of the week, may I add without the supervision of the doctor, and he made me bleed and some of the progesterone came out. I was so upset at him. I'm not sure what he must have done wrong to make it bleed. He did check to see he hadn't punctured a vein and that no blood was going in the needle, maybe it was the way he pulled the needle out. My bum hurts quite a bit now but it's all for the greater good, although the fact that some progesterone was coming has me a bit concerned.

In regards to symptoms I haven't had much really, some breast soreness here and there. The most really was today I almost puked, I became all sweaty and clammy but then nothing came out however right afterwards I had to do number 3 (I'm sorry for the graphic details)but just trying to understand, it could have been due to something I ate and just didn't go down right, I'm not sure. I am peeing alot and have headaches. I'm not the headaches kind of gal so having a headache is rare for me. I'm not sure what's normal or not. The lack of symptoms has me a bit concerned, although I know many women who have had no symptoms throughout their pregnancy.
I won't worry about it anymore, I'm just going to pass this one on to God for Him to take care of.

On Tuesday Dr. T said I was just over 4 weeks and the baby would be due November 2nd/09 (all saints day) based on my charting of my Peak day. However, based on my LMP it would be Nov. 4/09. I can't believe I'm hesitant to write this, I almost think I'm jinxing it if I talk about, that is sooo pagan and superstitious!! I'm Christian for goodness sakes, whatever happens comes from the Lord and not because I spoke about it!!

My H and I are praying more then ever now! Once again just wanted to thank you and say that I appreciate all your prayers and that you are all in my prayers as well.

6 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

My prayers are with you! And you are right...it's all in the Lord's hands.

Sew said...

Hang in there!!! The rollercoaster is in full swing now!!! ;)

JellyBelly said...

the needles will get easier, don't worry.

i'm sending prayers your way!

Vent-ilation said...

Lots of prayers! I had more than one headache the first few weeks.. not the horrid migraines I used to get around ovulation and/or my period arriving. But headaches that had me lay down nonetheless. But after the first month maybe, I haven't had one! (Okay, I totally just jinxed myself!) And I've days with no symptoms or tapering off symptoms.. and then bam! Like today, I'm EXHAUSTED beyond belief and my bbs are killing me. And I'm nearing the end of the first trimester, but I feel like I'm back at the beginning. So weird!

Just know that you and your H are doing a great job taking care of your baby! Prayers, prayers, prayers.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Ooh, ss to hear about the needle mishap. But DH is doing his best!! Mine had to give me hCG injections in the back of the arm (supposed to be painless) and they hurt SO BAD because he went so slowly. He also turned white as a ghost and was shaking, b/c he didn't want to hurt me! (I'm sure your DH was feeling the same way... but he'll get better.)

If those were US standards, then holy moly, that hCG was outstanding!!! I can't wait to see if there are more than 1 in there :) Though, doesn't really matter because even 1 is a MIRACULOUS BLESSING!!!

andnotbysight said...

I'm so glad things are going well!

I've had the progesterone injections bleed quite a few times (I figure either the needle went through a vein but didn't end up inside it, or else just nicked a vein coming out), and even more often, a little bit of the progesterone seems to come back out, so I'm right there with you! Also, I've found that I have MUCH less pain from the injections when I'm exercising (I discovered that on vacation, when I suddenly went from no exercise to walking EVERYWHERE and realized I had virtually no soreness from injections).

I'm so happy for you, and I will keep you in my prayers!