Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I saw our little baby and heard the heart beat

Thank-you so much for your prayers.

I had the ultrasound yesterday. I was so nervous beforehand because of the blood results on the low progesterone.The doctor has upped the dosage of my injections.
My husband was pretty upset at me because I have been worried and he knows that the negativity affects the baby. He told me to stop worrying about the science of it all and have some faith.

When I was finally able to see our little one and hear the heartbeat I was overcome with so much joy and relief! The technician was amazing, he explained everything to me in detail. Apparently I ovulated from my right ovary. I can't believe they can see so much detail. The heart beat was at 150 which he said was good and we could see the little palpitations of the heart it was just so beautiful. My H got to see and hear it too. He gave us 3 little photos. It was just so surreal. The baby is so tiny about 1/4of an inch. He calculated me to be 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant yesterday. So I'm 7 weeks today on St. Patrick's day :) I'm not sure what my Napro doctor would calculate for me to be at this point. I see her next on April 9th, however I'll probably be talking to her next week thursday to see how my next week tuesday blood work for progesterone levels are.

I'm sort of negotiating with the Lord, just like Hannah and her promises to God if He granted her a child (which then resulted in the prophet Samuel). Although I wouldn't be actually giving up my child physically to be raised by the priests, I'm asking God to let my child be born for His Glory to be announce and that I will pass on the faith and that everyone would know about my miracle since doctors repeatedly explained my tubes were blocked and all the rest of my body working against me. I started my end of the bargain last night when I corrected my husband. We gave each other a high five for yesterday's great news and he added that "we did it" and I said to him NO M we did not do it, GOD DID IT. We did NOTHING and he then corrected and said "okay then, our prayers have been heard!"

I know fighting bad thoughts will be a struggle for me but I can not be worried about the future, it would be like me doubting so I will fight them off with continued prayers.

Praise be to God for this miracle of ours!

I keep you all in my prayers may God be your strength and comfort through your trials of IF and complicated pregnancies!

5 comments:

Living Advent said...

Praise God! What a blessing to see your beautiful baby and hear the heartbeat. Your prayers for your baby touched me deeply and got me to crying good tears - thank you for that. You and your family remain in my prayers. Blessings, LA

Sew said...

Praise Jesus! All of the glory to Him! But you did work your butt of to get to where you are!;)

I am very excited for you! How do you feel? And I don't want symptoms but how does it feel to have something growing in you! :) Hahahahaha Does it feel like you always imagined? Or different?

Fight The Good Fight of Faith said...

I feel a whole bunch of emotions at once. It's not easy to describe, I never really tried to imagine how it would feel before I just wondered...It's scary and amazing at the same time. I feel like I've struck gold after years of searching.
The image of the U/S with the heart palpitating keeps flashing in my mind randomly throughout the day without me consciously triggering it. The sound of the heart beating was like music to my ears and it just made it so real like it's actually happening! It was amazing to hear it. If I could I would record the sound of the heart beating and play it over and over again.

I can't really feel the little life yet other then when I get the symptoms and I keep saying to my little one "bring it on!" and "do your worst as long as your getting what you need"
I sing to him/her "you are my sunshine my only sunshine..." once a day and I encourage them to hang on. I love him/her so much.
I really wonder what it will feel like when I'm actually able to feel him/her inside me.
I want time to speed up to when I can feel him/her but I also want to enjoy today each stage.

It's all overwhelming!

Vent-ilation said...

Isn't it the most amazing thing? We didn't hear our baby's heartbeat yet, but we saw it... wow! Like a little strobe light, beaming away. I'm so glad to hear you say you talk/sing to your baby, too :) And I do the same thing whenever I have symptoms, too -- I say, "Do what you need to do." I know all is working the way it should be in my body. Prayers and strength and peace to you!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Your blog name just took on a whole new meaning for you in this pregnancy!! Fight the good fight of faith that God will provide for your bean and your family, and don't fall into the pit of negative thoughts! He will lead you there- - He will bring you home :)

I'm soooooo happy to hear this news! Congrats again, and keep posting the updates- - every little tiny detail- I want them!