I'm thinking it's out of my hands. The words of my friend resonate in my mind and heart. Upon hearing of my good news he said
"Remember: All life belongs to God"
How did this make me feel when I heard it? It was a big WHOA! Like being smacked by reality! I couldn't believe how true these words are. My life the life of my husband, the life I carry and life all around me all belong to God. It freaks me out while at the same time it consoles me.
It freaks me out because life is not for me to control to say how and when it should be given or taken away. And yet It consoles me because I believe God is a loving father who sent His son to die for me, a sinner, and so His love for me is evident and the fact that life belongs to Him doesn't scare me. It then switches back to freaking me out because I'm not in control and I just a human with the inability to give life and take life, while I wouldn't necessarily want to take life, I would love to give life.
If the child I carry God willing makes it out in to this world his or her life will still belong to God, not to me, just because I was the vessel that carried him/her. This fact comforts me because God is in charge and He will take care of him/her. However, at the same time I see it's hard to give my life, the life that I think is mine alone, for the other. We are called to be of service to others aren't we? Yet I find myself being selfish and looking out for my best interests or for my own happiness first.
Life belongs to God! I knew this, but when, during my life thus far, was it that I forgot?
2 comments:
what a lovely reminder, but very humbling. I pray that you get to share this story one day with the little one growing in your womb.
Just the reminder I needed today! Lots of prayers are continuing for you and your family!
It's very unnerving to have zero control. But then I am thankful I don't have all the control! :) hehehe
But you are so right! It rings in my head a lot of times. I try to be thankful every single day for my husband, even when he annoys me! ;)
Post a Comment