I was really down in the depths of despair with little hope because of my past cycle but God has sent me little angels to bring me more hope and continue on this journey of life.
Yesterday was an additional upsetting event. I called Dr. I to find out about the possible follow up appointment. I had left a message last week and hadn't heard back so I called yesterday morning again and left a message. Then I called them in the afternoon and the receptionist finally picked up and put me on hold for 20 minutes. She then came on the phone and I explained to her my situation and she put me on hold again for another 20 minutes and then Dr. I came on the phone, he asked me to explain to him my situation because he didn't have my chart in front of him. Uhm where's my chart? I think that receptionist is sooo disorganized honestly in that time I was waiting she could have gone and given him my chart! Do I have to worry about my personal information being safe at that office? I mean it's been faxed in twice!!
I explained to him what I was waiting for (for an ultrasound and tubal cannulation and that if the U/S showed a cyst then I would need to do a Lap) He then took my phone number and said he will call me back with a date. I got so upset because how is it that they aren't on top of this? Imagine I just kept waiting for them to call me back? What a true test of patience! He was nice on the phone and did seem concerned. But what gets to me is that something so simple as getting an appointment is so hard. It's not supposed to take long to get an appointment. It's only supposed to be a long wait for your appointment!!! I'm going to call again today in the afternoon to follow up because I don't trust them anymore. I understand they are really busy but they need to understand I'm anxious and that I need medical attention too! At this point if I get an appointment will be a miracle.
I'm not a strong person, I'm going to break without God's mercy and grace. I'm struggling with patience. I have none, hope is there but I'm losing the patience I need.
Since it is the year of St. Paul I'm going to ask him to intercede for me so that I can continue in this fight to maintain faith, hope and patience despite the trials and tribulations.
4 comments:
I SO hate being ignored and put on hold for a crazy amount of time. How unfair! I really think that the devil can get a hold of our care, I have seen it in action. Keep on top of things!
:( What a major bummer!! But persistence is key, so I've found. You need a LOT of time on your hands to be a really good infertile!! (To make the constant calls, call-backs, do tons of googling to double-check what you're being told, go to millions of appts, etc.)
i agree that the receptionist isn't very organized. honestly, i know that dr. t's office is very good about sending charts and information. for goodness sakes, she has a staff of people to look after files! i definitely think that you should be proactive and call dr. i's office until you get your appointment. really, you've been patient enough. if i went last week and i have my procedure in three months, how long are you going to have to wait???
have you tried calling dr. t's office to tell them about the situation? perhaps the next time you see her you should tell her about the treatment that you've gotten from dr. i's office.
I've had problems with the Napro dr when I first started to see him. The receptionist were not giving him my messages! It was so frustrating but I kept on the horn and I kept calling until something was done. One time I had an allergic reaction to the meds and the dr didn't call me back for three days (he claimed that he never got the message)! I made up my own mind to stop the meds anyways. Thank God I have common sense. I guess I understand your feelings towards dr offices. I've been there. I will say that since that incident, the Dr. calls me personally within a few hours now. We were honest and told him how we felt about his workers.
Post a Comment