Friday, May 8, 2009

anyone know?

Does anyone know if rising and dropping of progesterone levels affect the baby's development? Just cause I found out my levels dropped a bit again (doc says I'm okay but they have dropped)
They were up with two shots twice a week then down with 1 shot twice a week then she said to go back up to twice a week however when I hit the 12 week mark she said to go down to 1 shot twice a week b/c the placenta should take over. Unfortunately the numbers went down a bit (she said not to worry) and to continue with one shot still...Now I'm just wondering how good it is for the baby's health that the progesterone rises and drops. I might have to switch to oral progesterone because I'm bleeding too much with the shot. The doctor doesn't like the fact that I'm bleeding she explained why but since I didn't write it down I don't remember.
The doctor faxed my pharmacy a prescription for oral progesterone but I think it's synthetic (well that's what the pharmacist said) anyway I don't want to take it oral. I'm going to just continue with the shots even though I bleed. Mainly because I've paid $$ for the vial already and I don't want it to go to waste. I did the shot today.
I wonder what my OB will have to say at my first appointment with her on Monday. I don't think she's familiar with Napro so I wonder what she'll think of my injecting myself with progesterone.
SIGH. I'm just tired of the ups and downs and not being on the clear yet with this pregnancy. I know it's out of my hands, at this point I can't do much but wait and continue to have faith all will be okay.
What a reminder that I can't control anything in life and that all that happens is part of God's plan. I also have to remember that God is a loving God and that He will take care of the gift He has allowed me to carry thus far.
I'm not your typical anxious person but recently I've been feeling anxiety and no real cause for it, who knows maybe it's that hormonal moods you go through during pregnancy. I've been so easily irritable and more stubborn then normal...my poor husband, although i don't feel sorry for him really cause i'm right darn it!! NO just kidding I don't feel sorry cause I'm just helping him become holy!! he he he I'm his cross :) everyone needs a cross!!
okay lates.

3 comments:

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

I feel your pain dear. I'm in the same boat (but have been taking oral progesterone since the start). My progesterone has also been on the decline since reducing my prescription from 200mg daily to every-other day. The NaPro doctor says I'm okay, and I haven't had any bleeding, but I still worry. Unfortunately I don't know what the effect is on the baby's development. All we can do is pray that everything will work out. What are your levels? My last draw showed only 24.2 at about 16 weeks and it's supposed to be closer to 50 by this time according to the NaPro charts (I had my doctor send to me). I don't think the progesterone effects the baby's development as much as it just effects the uterus. The more progesterone the less likely we are to have contractions & go into pre-term labor (not trying to scare you). So, just keep on taking the shots or pills and you should be okay. I'm praying for you. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in all this.

andnotbysight said...

My progesterone has dipped a couple of times, and it really freaked me out the first time it happened (I was having injections when it dropped). I took oral prometrium (which I believe is natural progesterone) along with the injections for a while because my progesterone was so low. The doctor wasn't concerned about the decreases in my progesterone level. Apparently, fluctuations aren't unusual and they just checked my levels and adjusted my dosage accordingly. Do you have a copy of the NaPro chart for progesterone levels? If not, I have one scanned as a pdf, so e-mail me if you'd like me to send it to you! (nondavista at yahoo dot com)

Life In Mazes said...

I can understand your worrying. You have such a great perspective though and I am praying for you. I wonder how much bleeding you are having? It must be red right? Are they monitoring your beta hcg levels too while they monitor your progesterone? It just seems all so overwhelming to try to trust and not worry. Hope your day gets better!