I now realize that the only thing my measly little self can do is to turn to Our Lord for Him to console you and embrace you during this time of trials and suffering. My heart aches for your sufferings and while I would like to heal you myself, which is obviously impossible, I can play a part by keeping you in my prayers. I must remember that prayer is our strongest weapon during this time, consistent unceasing prayer.
As I find myself on the road to achieving what I've always desired the urge to want it for you as well has become just as intense. I'm forever praying for all couples with the cross of infertility.
I wouldn't blame you or judge you if you didn't care to rejoice in my joy with me because I know what the other side is like. I've been there, I've done that and I've felt it. Some of you have experienced and travelled this rough journey for a much longer time. I don't presume to feel your complete pain nor do I pity your situation. This is just me saying in my own little way I empathize with you and I'm here to pray for you. This is me hoping and praying for you to be consoled. This is a mini-community of believers in Christ and as sister's and brother's in Christ we are called to help each other, encourage each other and most importantly pray for each other.
You have my prayers.
St. Paul, another hero of mine, said the following prayer that I know offer up for you...
For this reason [seeing the greatness of this plan by which you are built together in Christ], I bow my knees before the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
For whom every family in heaven and on earth is named [that Father from whom all fatherhood takes its title and derives its name].
May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality]. May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell [settle down, abide, make His permanent home] in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,
That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
Now to Him who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do super abundantly far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams]-
To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen so be it
Ephesians 3:14-21
3 comments:
Thanks for your prayers! Especially on days when I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, I can't really pray. :)
I am happy for you my friend! Not jealous! Very happy that your dreams are being fulfilled. :) I know I will follow one day. :)
You are a beautiful person with a beautiful soul. Thank you so much for your constant prayers, and you and your baby are in mine, as well. I am absolutely rejoicing in your pregnancy, as I do for all pregnancies- because the gift of LIFE is the most amazing thing in the world. While I may not "outwardly" rejoice for pregnancies of the Fertile Myrtles, I do rejoice outwardly and loudly for anyone who has been through this cross and found that blessing at the end of it. Not one ounce of jealousy, here, my friend! I honestly am so happy for all of you girls who've TRIUMPHED- - you give me hope!
Don't mean to say you guys are jeaolous no no no! I mean to say is that i can't judge anyone for not being happy for another because I've been there...sorry for the misunderstanding.
anyway just want to say that i'm happy for me and thanks for being happy for me and i'm praying for you even more so now. Sometimes i forget how strong of a weapon prayer is...and i depend on my own silly wisdom to console others but it really is God who consoles others sometimes if i let Him I will be His instrument. Not that my purpose in life is to console other either ha ha ha geez!!
TCIE thanks for saying I'm a beautiful person/soul that is so sweet but you couldn't be more wrong! I'm not that great of a person, my husband can vouch for me :) I'm trying to however be a better person each day...
You gals are the better souls that inspire me to try harder in being a better person/christian.
Post a Comment