Wednesday, May 27, 2009

prometrium= no sleep and mat shopping

I'm off the progesterone shots and I started taking prometrium orally last night. I was unable to fall asleep. I then got up early too. :( I'm usually a good sleeper. This evening i was laying on the couch exhausted and my body kept getting the jitters. I couldn't completely relax and just dose off as I normally do. Any of you experience this side effect? It's kind of weird that it would effect me so quickly. Oh well I'll just have to work with it and keep an eye out on how my body reacts to it. The shots never bothered me (other then the bleeding and some pain but that was gone quickly).

I was finally able to go maternity shopping. I felt like a fish out of water. I'm exactly 4 months today (17 weeks yesterday). My pants don't fit anymore and the elastic band around the button no longer works for me, I end up walking around with my pants undone and i don't want to be giving the wrong impression since i'm not too big yet but just can't button the pants.
Anyway, as I was saying being in the store totally felt odd, I couldn't bring myself to buy anything I had to leave and then go back in. I know I had said that I would no longer doubt this pregnancy however I don't think it has to do with doubt but more with disbelief...ha ha ha isn't that the same thing!!! :( I ended up buying two pairs of jeans one dress pant and leggings. Thanks to my SIL for a $10 off coupon every penny counts as my DH likes to say.

It's late and I'm not sleepy one bit, I haven't taken the prometrium because I'm supposed to wait until just before I go to bed. I'm sort of scared of this drug I don't know. Anyway now I'm just blabbing because I have nothing to do but wait for sleep to sink in without jitters...

Today I have experience slight pain in my abdominal area were baby is supposed to be...it is on and off and I'm trying to just think it may be my uterus extending, it feels like a small bruise pulsating a little bit. I haven't felt the baby move yet. I thought i did on sunday but I may have mixed it up with gas. Apparently skinny first time pregger ladies feel the baby earlier, then heavier pregger 1st timers. I've always had a belly so I was hesitant to start on the mat clothes I didn't want to pretend my actual tummy fat is a baby!! However now the pants don't fit and it looks like (according to the WII fit) that I've gained about 6-8 pounds!!)
I was telling my DH that a website said the baby at week 16 is the size of an avocado and he says to me "looks like yours is the size of a watermelon!!! I then resplied..."you $&#@*!!" we are okay now :) it was all jokingly done as I found out later he he he...poor guy my hormones are effecting him also!!

I've been thinking about Psalm 116 so I'm gonna post it...


I love the LORD, who listened to my voice in supplication,

Who turned an ear to me on the day I called.

I was caught by the cords of death; the snares of Sheol had seized me; I felt agony and dread.

Then I called on the name of the LORD, "O LORD, save my life!"
Gracious is the LORD and just; yes, our God is merciful.

The LORD protects the simple; I was helpless, but God saved me.

Return, my soul, to your rest; the LORD has been good to you.

For my soul has been freed from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.

I shall walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

I kept faith, even when I said, "I am greatly afflicted!"

I said in my alarm, "No one can be trusted!"

How can I repay the LORD for all the good done for me?

I will raise the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD.

I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.

Too costly in the eyes of the LORD is the death of his faithful.

LORD, I am your servant, your servant, the child of your maidservant; you have loosed my bonds.

I will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD.

I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people,

In the courts of the house of the LORD, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Life In Mazes said...

I will pray that you can get some good rest soon. Keep the faith, that psalm is so encouraging.
Thank you for your prayers!

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

I've had similar side effects with the progesterone. It does make you tired, but more restless than anything in my experience. Keep the faith. Know that your beautiful baby is growing strong inside you. :)