TCIE was wondering how things are going for me as a Creighton model practitioner. I've avoided posting about it unconsciously I guess, because it's actually been sort of tough for me. I've been tired so I don't have the same enthusiasm I had initially. Also since I have a full time job I kinda miss lounging around after work and doing nothing on week-ends. I'm behind in cleaning, which I only make time if I have the whole day, since I like to take my time. I use to have so much me time, but with this work I'm feeling like I don't have time to play! However I absolutely love the practitioner meetings at my center they are so informative and the people I work with are awesome and I want to help out the center more in terms of marketing us and volunteering for giving youth talks but I keep struggling with time for "me". I realize I'm a pretty lazy, selfish individual and like I've mentioned so many times before I've always just lived for me. It is like I'm so excited to be part of this great giving work, but I don't want to do the work that goes along with being part of such a great cause.
I find the follow ups to be kinda tough still, I wish I knew more information, I mean like tid bits to help the client more. My practitioner usually gave me lots of useful information in addition to the Creighton System teaching. I find that I'm not at that point. I pretty much stick to the follow up and just encourage them to continue 100% observations. I'm not familiar with all the gynecological procedures out there, like coloscopy. When the client said that once I was like uhm "okay" and then had to ask her how to spell it I was so embarrassed!!
I have three clients so far I need three more before July to be able to attend EPII. I set up a home info session to try to get my own clients since the centre is struggling to get a bit more for all the new interns. I'm praying to God they all come soon otherwise I'll really be busy with the follow ups!! I'm sure God will provide! At the end of July I have EPII for about a week and I haven't looked at the second text book yet. I'm so bad with time management, I'm notorious for procrastinating, which sucks when you need to manage your time!
I've finally hit the second trimester and so I am feeling more up and at them but now we are in May and lots of family events are taking place, like communions, baptism, birthdays etc...my weekends are shot!
I'm going to wait till I see my OB on May 11tth to spread the news to the whole world (whole world being FB he he he). If I'm asked now I don't mind telling people but I haven't announced it on my own. My waist is getting a bit bigger and my pants are now tight but it's mainly due to all the bloating from the extra gas I'm getting cause the baby is supposed to be only 3 inches!! I've tried to not show because really all there is there is a belly. (i've always had a belly and I don't want to stick out my belly and pretend it's all baby when only a tiny bit would be!!
What a boring post! Sorry, not quite exciting. I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Oh yes the other night I was watching 90210 (yah i know i'm pathedic) and anyway there was this episode where one of the girls had moved to a catholic school because she had made some sort of sex video with her boyfriend and it got out and she was embarrased etc...so she moved to a catholic school. Anyway, this student from the catholic school told the new girl that she had seen the video and that she should stop hiding and just confess so she feels better about herslef and can move and and something about God forgives etc...so the catholic student told her she would fast until the new girl decides to confess. Then the new girl was like this catholic student is crazy blah blah blah but then she felt guilty that someone was fasting for her so she would confess, that she ended up confessing the next day and her catholic student friend was happy for her (even though the rest of the school was judging her) anyway it's all silly, what's my point you ask? Well I've decide to fast, not eating wise cause obviously I can't do that since I need all the nutrition I can get. I figured why don't I just fast from things I enjoy a lot and even fast by being a bit more of "surrended wife" for all you here who are struggling with Infertility. So that you can find consolation and you may conceive God-willing!
MT said:
"How do we love? Not in big things, but in small things with great love. There is so much love in us all. We must not be afraid to show our love."
4 comments:
I can totally understand the amount of work! I remember all the work TCIE put into me just while we were on the phone! Then she had to deal with my newbie questions, well those never really ended! Hahaha! She is stuck with me for life whether she likes it or not! ;)-
That's for you TCIE! ;)
Will you work once baby is born?
I remember that stressful SPI, too. I was working as well and trying to figure it all out. Then we moved to a new house 1 month before EPII! It was so stressful but I am happy I finished it!
I would continue when baby is born, once i'm all settled i get maternity leave for a year. I figure that would be the best time to do it since i'd hope to have the time. I'd set up an office at home though...my drive is like 30 minutes to the centre!
FJIEJ i'm so scared for EPII !!!
EPII was MUCH less intense than EPI. You'll definately want to read Book II beforehand, but there is less studying and less stress during EPII in general. And that's where you'll learn all the little "tidbits" that you can use in your follow-ups :) It sounds to me like you're doing great.
Also, I had 3 clients up until 2 wks before EPII!! I literally scrounged around last minute, almost offering to PAY people to be my last 3 clients!
Thank you so much for the fasting! Wow, what a beautiful sacrifice :) I am so grateful and humbled.
Post a Comment