I attended a priestly ordination and it was not by chance. I was not planning to go however I open up my house to host a guest coming from far to attend the ordination of priest (seminarians) I knew. My guest needed a ride and so I was obliged to go. Both my DH and I attended and it was a tremendously beautiful mass presided by the Archbishop of TO. In his homily the archbishop spoke of surrendering yourself to God's will. This is what we are all called to do, this quickly made me think of the surrendered wife topic touched on these blogs. I have not read the book and I'm not sure what it is about really and I am afraid to read it because I am the god of my own life really. Hearing the archbishop's homily really struck me! I need to surrender my life, my plans, my will to GOD. I need to surrender to God's will before I can surrender to anyone else around me. This brought me to the movie "Fireproof" where the husband who is just about to get a divorce meets with the love of Jesus Christ and it was because of this love that he received and experience from Jesus Christ that he was able to love his wife unconditionally.
God is not only calling these seminarians now priest to surrender their lives to His will and His service but He is calling me eilyn to surrender my will and plans and by doing so I will be able to love and serve the other which is what we are all called to do. The other being my husband, father, mother, siblings all people God has placed in my path.
It was a beautiful mass that the Lord wanted me to hear and to be part of. He is calling me to surrender to Him so that I can be His instrument of peace and love, to bring this same good news that I have heard, that Christ loves You and Me , sinner and all. That this unconditional love and happiness we seek we will only find in HIM.
1 comment:
tom collins is an amazing speaker! he's so interesting and natural and funny.
one of the priests that was ordained today is from my parish. it's going to be quite the celebration tomorrow after his first mass!
Post a Comment