Friday, May 29, 2009

prayer request...

My DH's cousin needs a lot of prayers. If you can say a little prayer for her and her husband that would be so great. She has gone through a horrible experience. She has lost the baby she has been carrying for 9 months. She was due the first days in June and as it turns out the baby died inside the womb. I don't have full details. I'm trying to understand why and how but I'm not able to contact her since we aren't close. She just had her baby shower last weekend. She must be completely devastated. It's been a rough year for her. Her dad suffered a heart attack, her grandmother who raised her past away unexpectedly (wild accident). If you could spare a couple of seconds to say a Hail Mary that would I'm sure help her and her DH.

I can't stop thinking of this event and it just makes me realize even more how fragile pregnancy is. It's not like I didn't know this but now it's right in my face. It's all out of our hands and all in God's, does this console me? Sometimes it does and it's usually when I'm able to submit to and accept His will and plan for me. However, it is when I try to live by my own plans that it is hard to accept God's will in my life. I may have forgotten to thank the Lord for the gift of life sometimes, but I am sure He knows my heart and how greatful I am.

3 comments:

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

Saying a Hail Mary for your cousin. I couldn't imagine tha pain she must be feeling.

Life In Mazes said...

I am so sad for your cousin. I took some time to pray for her and her family before I commented. All life is so fragile and I can relate with having mixed feelings with understanding that God is fully in control of all life! Blessings to you, I pray that you are filled with peace, so that the stress of this terrible event does not cause you any more turmoil.

prayerfuljourney said...

I said a Hail Mary for your dh's cousin...that has to be devestating..loosing a baby so far a long. My goodness. I pray for healing for them. Good to hear that you are doing well. Blessings!