Thursday, November 27, 2008

What's your child's name? Pray for them

There's this little girl I know who wanted a little sister so badly, she was the only girl in her family, with 3 brothers in total. Her cousins are all boys too. So last Christmas she decided to ask God, again, for a little sister, this time she drew a family photo and on it she added an extra child and even named her. She then prayed for her. 2 months ago little J was born, named by her older sister who prayed for her to come.

This little girl's grandma suggested to my DH and I to name our child and pray for them by name. Needless to say, we've named our children (well just two of them so far, for either girl or boy...) and I pray God will send them to us.

1 comment:

Karey said...

Almost this exact story happened in my husband's family! My sister-in-law was the only girl with two brothers so she prayed for a sister, as well as asked for one at every Christmas and wished for it at every birthday. She finally got one and really thinks her prayers were answered (although the joke is that the little sister ended up siding with the brothers as she grew up anyways). She didn't name her though I don't think..that is really cute.

We have named our babies too. I thought at first thinking about that would be depressing, but it isn't. It just gets us excited, and hardly anything about this process gets me excited!