Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In the hustle bustle of the mall, while occupied with getting all the Christmas shopping done, the thought of not having children came to mind. There weren't any babies in sight, I didn't even spot a child, or maybe they were there, just probably looked past them. Another Christmas childless, "Oh won't it be great, there will be a baby next Christmas, how exciting" my relatives said to me last year. Along came this Christmas me childless with two pregnant sisters. I can't allow myself to complain I push these thoughts away. It doesn't feel right to complain now.

"If you accept tribulation with a faint heart, you lose your joy and your peace, and you run the risk of not deriving any spiritual profit from that trial."
- Josemaria Escriva

3 comments:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I know exactly how you feel. Except instead of relatives telling me "Next Christmas," it's myself making those promises inwardly. Realizing that last year's promise did not come true is what made me so upset when Advent began... but now I have the 'promise' of next Christmas to look forward to.
We'll get there!

Sew said...

My thing this year is-Sorry we missed all the festivities, I hope that the thought of having a grandchild next year will make up for it. AM I INFERTILE? Because that sure is a fertile girl talking. Who am I to say what next year will hold!

I actually got out of the house yesterday. It has been so long since I saw a pregnant lady or really any children. Lo and behold they were all at the fabric store. I did slight them under my breath! Some things never change!!! :)

Life In Mazes said...

I was just hoping to get a positive pregnancy test before Christmas and that still has not happened. I am very lucky that I have a great husban, doctor, and nurses who are not letting me get hopeless. I really am looking foward to next year, I am praying that our baby will come along by then, but so much for my plans. It is God's plans that I truly desire. By the way, the priest that I work with really has been praying that I get pregnant by Christmas, so it is hard to accept when it is not only your prayers that are not being answered right away, but all of the prayers going out for you from those who care so deeply for you. I think my P day will come before christmas and I just know that God could allow conception to occur when he wills it. Praying for you and your hurting heart!