I went to see Dr. T this past thursday, while the results of the treatment I'm receiving so far aren't what I want them to be, I left the doctor's office very hopeful and calm. I'm very glad I brought questions written down because I'm usually left wondering when I leave because I always forget to ask!!!
I'm currently doing HCG injections to prolong my luteal phase and to increase my estrogen and progesterone levels. My P+7 blood work shows that I'm still low on the estrogen (286 it's supposed to be at 600, whatever that means) and my progesterone has increased to 50 (yay) but the Dr. wants it to be a bit higher, about 60 (boo). Dr. T prescribed me a more concentrated dosage of HCG injections to help increase my both levels. She also wanted to give me another treatment to improve my estrogen but didn't prescribe it because she's waiting to see what Dr. I decides to do with me. Which reminds me, this is another minor set back because DR. I (the doctor who will be performing the potential lap) didn't have my file or any information on me when I went to see him a couple of weeks ago. DR. T was a bit surprised, and so I'm now weary about DR. I making his decision based on my verbal info vs. Dr. T's compiled information (basically my file!!) Anyway Dr. T will be faxing my info again to Dr. I and hopefully he gets to see it before the scheduled U/S which by the way has yet to be scheduled!!! It's been two weeks and no scheduled date oh well i'll worry about it next year! :) It's pointless right now since everyone's out for Christmas!!!
Dr. T did a test to see if i have bacteria down there and I seriously hope i don't!! Also found out at this appointment that my H is A-OKAY so I'm the only one to be blamed for the lack of children so far (boo hoo hoo!!! Oh whatever, it's not my fault really I can't control my own body so THERE!!!)
Another result from the follow up with Dr. T was that I don't have insulin resistance (not diabetic) YAY big BIG YAY because I LOVE JUJUBEE's JELLY BEANS, and any soft chewy candy!! Plus it's one less problem to worry about!
Next thing, last august I did and sonohysterogram anyway turns out they weren't able to see my tubes!!! HA HA HA...Where Oh where art thou tubes, show thy self!!! Maybe that's why it was so painful when they did the procedure which was supposed to be only slightly discomforting!!!
I left Dr. T feeling pretty good because i do feel like I'm finally moving forward, that I am getting to the root of the problem and that I'm slowly and i can't emphasize slowly enough, increasing my odds.
MY CYCLE this month sucks bad!!! I'm on CD9 and i've had 5 days of TEBB (brown bleeding, well spotting really) this is utterly weird for me because i've never had so much brown spotting and this morning i woke up and it is there again. This slight light brown friken damp tissue!!! I'm nervous now...maybe it has to do with me screwing up my last cycle and my HCG shots etc...
I' m supposed to be having green stickers today and yesterday!! Red stickers suck!! God only knows when and even if I'll ovulate this month.
Oh well c'est la vie, what can i do really but sit here and wait for the Grace of God to give me the patience I need. I must add though, that being worried about passing the educational program and reading the material given to me has really occupied my thoughts. Christmas has also been keeping me busy so i don't have time to dwell which is good i guess.
Dr. T told us that i need to keep my stress levels down because stress does suppress your hormones, this after I asked her how i can help fix my hormones (bring up the levels) I turned around to my H and said see, you have to say yes to everything now!! i guess that's why i left the Dr.'s office happy :). Normally I don't like to hear "oh don't stress and you'll be okay", but coming from the doctor it wasn't so bad especially since my H was there and now i can use it to my advantage!! Ha Ha Ha <--being said in an evil tone.
MERRY BLESSED CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, GOD BLESS YOU AND FILL YOU WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF GRACES AND JOY!!!
PS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!!!!! Last night I hosted the annual christmas get-together with 4 of my closest friends and this is our status: 4 married one friend is still single. 1 friend has a 7 month old boy, another is pregnant and 2 including me are childless, (not sure if she is trying) and this single is childless as well and has no clue about children :)
ANYWAY the funny part is this. The prego friend says to my single friend, "hey i'm going to have a baby shower and it's going to have a theme", the single friend responds "isn't the baby the shower theme???"" okay i thought it was sooooo funny I had to high-five my single friend!! (okay well maybe you had to be there, but anyway I'm still laughing about it)
5 comments:
That is so funny! It cracked me up. You need to tell us how the pregnant friend reacted :)
Sounds like you have a lot going on and also a plan! Yeah for plans! LOL about your single friend, I think themes can get annoying. I am a practitioner, too and love it! Congrats on getting into the program. Study up on the anatomy and physiology book before EPI, just a little hint. :)
it seems like we have very similar issues eilyn! i'm on month five of doing the HCG injections and my luteal phase is a good length and my progesterone is good, but dr. t wants it to be higher as well. i figure that i'll be hearing from the same doctor that will be doing your possible lap -- although i saw dr. t a the end of november and have heard nothing from the lap doctor!
it's so hard to be patient when i feel like i've been patient for so long!
Hahaha, I do like that. The baby IS the theme. HA! :)
My SIL (with a kid) got divorced right after me and DH got married. We were out to eat with my in-laws and her, and she said something about wanting to have a Divorce Party once everything was finally over. I said, "Oh, like one where you give all of your wedding presents back?" She didn't like that too much, lol!
But she's just about the selfish person I've ever met, can you imagine? Wanting to celebrate a divorce, and asking other people to celebrate a breakup of a marriage??! Especially when there's a kid involved? She deserved that comment.
Life in Mazes, my friend just laughed with us, i think she felt a bit embarrrased.
Find joy in every journey:
Thanks!! I'll take any tips i can get :)
JB: I feel like there's not enough Doctors that work with Napro and this makes our waiting time much longer. :(
TCIE: HA HA HA I love that comment!!! I feel bad for the little kid. I would definitely pass up that party!!
Post a Comment