It was confirmed this past saturday, I've been accepted to the Creighton Model FertilityCare System FertilityCare Practitioner/Instructor Program.
I got the courage to apply when I saw Sew Infertile's post on applying to be a practitioner/instructor. I remember attending the introductory session and being completely won over by their methods and philosophy that I said to myself how I wished I could be part of this great work but I never did anything about it because I didn't think I would meet the requirements. I was sort of writing myself off before even trying (as i tend to do sometimes, it's partly due to my pessimism which i really like to call my realism instead). After reading her post I went to my center's website and I saw that they were offering the program. The deadline for applying had passed, fortunately however they had an "absolute last day" and so I had about 5 days to get it all done, plus a $100 fee was being charged for submitting so late. I figured it would be worth it. (Later I found out that I didn't need to pay the late fee because there was still enough time to receive the books before the program starts- that was why there was a late fee, for postage to get the material on time).
What I found truly encouraging was that I asked two individuals to write the letter of reference, I figured if one was busy the other (because of the short notice) might have more time and guess what happened!!!! Both of them ended up sending a reference letter! I was embarrassed at first because I didn't want the Program Director to think that I was trying to get more "brownie points" for having two people send in the letters or even worse they might think I was trying to be pushy.
Anyway I'm in YAY!!!!!!!!!! However, I'm ridiculously scared to death. I mean I really wanted to do this and I'm excited to be part of it but I'm scared to death of not passing it of not meeting up to the standards. I'm scared of the responsibility of it all. It just means so much to me that I will be so devastated if I don't do an excellent job. I'm scared and excited at the same time.
The program starts Jan 10 2009 and it's just so crazy how quickly this is all happening I mean I applied almost a week ago and now I'm on my way. I'm utterly freaked out. Please pray for me that I don't mess this up that I can do a great job. I think that God is calling me to do this, I'm not physically hearing Him say it, but it feels right, even though it scares me.
I've been quite busy and haven't had the chance to post about it. I must thank God for this amazing opportunity I am sure I did not achieve this on my own. I'm going to pray to Our Lady and every Saint I know so they can intercede for me so that I do this work properly with a sincere and honest heart not to get lost and/or discouraged.
Thank-You Lord!!! (but now I need your help even more!!!!!!!)
8 comments:
I am SO EXCITED for you!!! Yay! Congrats!
I think you'll do a wonderful job. They take really good care of you during the training... you'll have a Supervisor for the entire 13 months, and they are like the guardian angels of your work :) I LOVE my Supervisor.
I still say a quick prayer before every one of my follow-ups. I feel the same way... that I don't want to screw up! But that's why the training is so long, to make sure you get to experience a lot before you are fully on your own.
This is such great news!! Are you going to Omaha to do the training, or was there a local program?
I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! January 10th! That is so wonderful!! Oh my gosh, I am so jealous you get to start so soon, I can't stand it!!!!!! :) My heart is busting with excitement!
LOOK OUR INFERTILITY HAS A PURPOSE! We just had no idea!!! Bless you and I will definately pray you complete it with ease!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!
Thanks :)!! I was on the phone with the Program Director and she seemed so nice and very understanding. I think I'll take your advice on viewing my supervisor like a guardian angel, it'll help me feel less nervous! I wouldn't have ever thought about them that way.
There is a local program being held by the fertility center I currently attend.
The actual training place is just under an hour away from where I live.
Thanks Sew Infertile!!! :) I'll take any prayers I can get.
Have you heard about your application, or how the process is going...in terms of time lines etc...?
It definitely has more meaning now. Thanks for posting about your process otherwise I wouldn't have thought to try. :)
God works in truly mysterious ways!!!
I spoke with a instructor in West Virginia. The timing for me is actually perfect, because of the time off I had to take for surgery. Plus it will help me financially prepare.
The other girl who wants to take the class is pregnant. So she is trying to find a time that suites her as well. May, June, July is what I am thinking
So anyway, apparently she has her own application that I have to fill out etc. So I am just waiting to hear from her. It sounded like I was accepted without being accepeted. We talked for a long time. :) I remember her saying all we need to do is get you certified. :)
Don't you worry about posting a picture. I posted one on my blog. I was thinking that if I wait and have the person who posted it when it arrives, I won't spoil the surprise. :) So no worries!!! I hope I don't get impatient.
how exciting!
i agree with sew infertile that our infertility has a purpose! you are going to help so many people with this training!
Congratulations!!! What great news!
Post a Comment