I have the same option as Mary to say YES or NO everytime at every struggle. I figure if I say yes Christ will help me along the way because He asked me to do this; to accept this suffering for maybe the sake of others just like Mary. I'm no saint, I'm no holy person I'm just me a weak, selfish individual by nature, how am I supposed to just say "yes" and "accept"?? I'm still trying to say yes and sometimes I do and sometimes I'm consoled and then other times it's just not that easy.
That was yesterday after mass.
Later that day I bled red, not brown, red. Later that day I exploded at my husband later that day I got angry at everyone. I kept sayin no to God and His will.
So what now then?? God sent me another word of hope through a friend a message of Christmas for Christmas:
AS WE READ IN ISAIAH: “THE LORD HIMSELF WILL GIVE YOU A SIGN: THE VIRGIN SHALL CONCEIVE AND BEAR A SON, AND SHE WILL CALL HIM EMMANUEL”. (IS 7, 14)
CHRISTMAS IS A SIGN MADE FLESH, AND STILL A SIGN, ONE OF HOPE, OF JOY, OF ETERNAL LIFE,AND, LIKE ALL SIGNS, IT IS LOOKING FOR A PLACE, A HOUSE, WHERE IT CAN BECOME REALITY, HISTORY.
THAT PLACE IS OUR HEART.
Will I be able to say Yes this Christmas? I want to, I don't want to be bitter all the time, I don't want to be angry and resentful. So I'm going to take these words received today and hold on to hope, that is until the next episode. Every little explosion comes with a little consolation if I open my eyes to it. I'm struggling, but there's hope still...
4 comments:
MUAH! Yes the homily was beautiful yesterday, I agree. My Priest said along the same things! I wanted to stand up and say I am the barren on you are talking about! hehehehehe Just kidding.
I believe we have accepted our cross by our actions and we vent our frustrations. And by our actions we prove to God, that yes we accept this cross, because society tells us there is an easier road-via IVF.
As to coming to terms and bearing our cross like a Saint, I am with you on that. But what we can give God is the little things. Saying NO to what every one else around us is doing.
Got your beautiful card today!! Thank you so much!!
Your thoughts are so beautiful! I can totally relate to the grace you get from mass and then the same day can act so ungraceful. Sorry you weren't feel well. I think it is always a good sign when the browness stays away. :)
I keep going back to your statement that "I haven't said Yes yet". You were so honest, I know that it must have been a freeing moment...I got the same message yesterday and I really felt convicted. Sometimes I really wonder about what is my really motivating me to be so darn determined to have children. I just have to trust that God gave me this desire for children in my heart. I almost think that this desire is so strong for a reason and God is the reason. I may sound nuts, but I really believe that it I was really undecided on this issue, I would have stopped pursuing this a long, long time! I don't think God wants me to walk away from this, at least at this moment. Does this even make sense? Anyway, I know how moods can change so doggone quick! These moods just allow your husband to really appreciate your great moods! HA
SEW you're right about just venting our frustrations. Thanks for the reminder it does console me to think i'm not completely lost!! Glad you like the card :)
Find joy, thanks for the encouraging words!
LIM your funny, I'll make note of that and bring it to his attention when i go off on a rampage again! hopefully not any time soon! Sometimes I find it hard to see exactly whatt He wants from me, I'm usually too focused on what I want ;)
Post a Comment