Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Struck by Faith


Struck by Faith

With faith I see what a blessing infertility is

With faith I continue the good fight

With faith I die everyday for the other


It is faith that consoles

It is faith that helps endure

It is faith that moves

It is faith that gives meaning


Christ is this faith

Saved by Christ in faith.

No room for doubt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My H and I had the opportunity to choose our own readings for our Wedding Ceremony.  This was our gospel: 

Mathew 7:21-27

'It is not anyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord" who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven.  When the day comes many will say to me,  "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name,  drive out demons in your name, work many miracles in you name?"  Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, all evil doers! 


'Therefore everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on rock. Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and hurled themselves against that house and it did not fall: it was founded on rock. But everyone who listens to these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a stupid man who built his house on sand . Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and struck that house and it fell and; what a fall it had!'


The rain represents the everyday struggle in our marriage. Floods rising, gales blowing hurling themselves against that house is our infertility. Jesus Christ is the rock.  If I place Jesus Christ at the foundation of my life and marriage, if He is our rock all trials and tribulations will be won. The gospel didn't tell my husband and I that Jesus would take away these storms, the rains the beating of winds, the infertility, the struggles of marriage,  because we chose to make Him our foundation and rock. Rather, He said He would keep us from falling apart. 


It is time to remember this gospel as it is pertinent to the current flood risings, winds blowing and beating we are experiencing right now.


2 comments:

Life In Mazes said...

That is the same gospel reading we chose for our wedding and I think of it on my my hopeless days! It always seems to bring me some sunshine! Prayers and blessings to you!

Sew said...

Fight! Wait I was 16!!! I am 29 now! Right I know that shouldn't matter but He doesn't talk to me anymore! hahahaha I mean He does, but not directly like that one experience where I actually heard his voice!!!!! ;)

You are so cute! Sit there all day! hahahaha! I can't stop laughing!

Yes he is patient, funny how I tought he was calling me and how long he said he waited and I was only 16! Maybe I have a bigger problem then what I thought or think! hahaha So sad to admit, if God has to call you to Him I must just be in the habit of ignoring..>Very sad to even ponder or even admit! ;)